Wednesday, July 25, 2007

White Wednesday - Facial Expressions

[Marie:]

Luxor asked everykitty to post about their favourite facial expression. And this is my current favourite:

The stalking look: alert yet cute

I am a favourite with every guest that meets me, in part due to my skill in looking cute, regardless of whatever facial expression I have. I can even look cute through a hissy fit, hehe.

Anyways, this is my "stalking look". I always have it when I am stalking bugs, birds, or even Donny....esp Donny, heh. When you are at maximum concentration, it is *very* difficult to look cute and look like a skilled huntress at the same time. But...I have managed to pull it off with natural talent...and practice, practice, practice. That is the secret: practice.

[Donny:]

The reality is that whenever the flashy camera comes out, I immediately go into "photo-op" mode...which is to say, I pose for every picture. I have done this ever since I was a kitten (on the left)...to just 3 days ago (on the right):




I know I am not "cute"...or at least, I have not been able to refine it into a high art form as Marie apparently has done. However, I will say that I am always ready for the camera, ready to show my best face!

Happy White Wednesday, kitties!

21 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Omigosh, yoo are both soooo cute!

The Meezers or Billy said...

great expressions!! Donny, you should be models!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hahaha! That first one os good! you look like you gots a nip buzz goin' on!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is very cute of you~! I love that expression, you do in facial~~!!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow are both very cute! :) Marie, I am impressed with your ability to stalk and look cute at the same time. :) Donny, I also like to pose for the camera. :)

Ramses said...

Wanna stalk me Marie! ;) Youre just so cute I'd just have to let you catch me... :)

Poppy Q said...

Hi Donny and Marie - You guys are super uper cute!! Casey too!!

Thanks for entering my contest - your names are in the draw!!!

Your friend

Poppy Q

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

YOU are boff furry furry koot!

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Aww, how cute! You guys look great in front of the camera!

-Rosie

Samantha & Mom said...

Cute! Cuter! Cutest!! You look ready to pounce on the first thing that comes along, Marie. That's a great art, Donny, that you can pose for pictures! Mom wants to know if you can teach us?
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Oh goodness, you are both so very photogenic! And very cute, I must add! I have nominated both of you for the Schmooze Award, which you can pick up at my blog!

Purrrrrrs, China Cat

The Cat Realm said...

You guys are great! I love "alert but cute"! Very wonderful!
Sorry you didn't win the monkeys...
I didn't either! But I had thought of sending every competitor a little monkeymagnet in case I win, which it would have meant they didn't get the monkeys. And as you still didn't get the monkeys I will still send you the monkeymagnet if you email me your snail mail!
Anastasia
thecatrealm at gmail.com

LZ said...

Great expressions for both of you! I have a ticked off look when the camera comes out. You two look great.

Chase

Daisy said...

Oh, I think you both look very cute! I like the stalking expression a lot.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh you two look beautiful and exceptionally photogenic - you are really posing! It is a wonderful skill to have and you are both wonderfully adept! xx

Laura said...

You are both cute, period.
We were just thinking about you guys 'cuz we are celebrating Wordless Wed and we were thinking how ironic it is that it's Wordy Wed for Mosaic Lady. This is the day of the week that finds her talking out loud to herself, and to the tee vee,(even more humiliating) more than any other. It's all cuz of that DANCE show! Does your mom talk to the tee vee the whole time it's on? "OH, How GREAT that was!" "OH, he is SO damn CUTE!" "GOD she's ELEGANT!"
?????
Yours in human humiliation
Mosaic Cats

Laura said...

OH, we forgot the loudest rant so far: "DAMN YOU Mia Michaels. Why did you give them such a sucky routine to perform? It's YOUR fault they got dissed!" (Mosaic Lady swears like a drill sergeant. Trust us.)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, those are great expressions, Donny and Marie! You are both such cute and beautiful Whitesters.

And Donny, you sound just like me about the camera! Once in a great while I'm not in a camera mood, but more often than not, I pose for photo shoots *giggle*!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer marie ... donny an casey,
i wanna thank u fer participatin in mi squillion contest. i luved yer entree ... an i appresheeated all da commentz u made! yer grate catz an frendz.
allotta judjez reelee liked yer entree, too.
i think yer da gratest!
luv--jh

Anonymous said...

You guys are very cute. Great expressions.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

I tagged you Donnyboy!
Love--Mick