Our Thursday 13 this week is a list of all the "kitty talk" phrases we've gotten so far....just use da "babytalk" tone and about 10 octaves higher and you'll know what we mean!
1. Here kitty kitty! - I always get this from everyone else until they learn my name. I make sure they learn it quick: either by persevering with charm and maximum cuteness...or by doing bad things - to them. While still being cute.
2. Come here, sweetie! - My mommy's endearing phrase...doesn't fool me one bit! I know she just wants to stop me from doing what I want!
3. Awwww, what's the matter, sweetheart??? - This is Mommy's response every time Donny gives her the loud and mournful cry of anguish, and then looks up at her with the biggest, saddest eyes you've ever seen. Well...until you see mine of course - MOL!
4. Hey, chickieboo - Mommy's reply to Casey's in-her-face demand for attention. Works every time, and she gets to order mommy around!
5. Sorry, sweethearts... - This is what she says when we wait patiently at the back door....and not letting us outside. This is an unacceptable answer, plus she screeches. Has she ever considered this??
6. Awww...you want a scritchie? Here's a real good scritchie, my sweet... - When Donny is on his back begging for a scritchie, mommy just can't hold back!
7. What do you want, sweetie-pie? - Here's mommy's super-confused response when I just keep bugging her and weave around and around her legs and crying the whole time. I love it, coz it keeps her guessing!
8. Oh my sweet! Are you ok??? - Mommy's heartbroken appeal whenever we seem to have hurt ourselves, whether we dropped from the ceiling (literally) or just threw up on mommy's whitest berber carpeting.
9. Come and eat, my lil kitties! - A very cute cry from mommy, but geez! If we wanted to eat, we would have come down the minute we heard you open the can! We ain't gonna wait till YOU say so!!
10. Awwww...you poor sweetie...! - When we go to Mommy and act like we haven't seen her in a million years, headbutting and making sure she scritches our chin and our cheeks, we know we've got her in the right position to do whatever we want!
11. Hello, handsome! - Mommy's greeting to Donny when she gets home.
12. Heya Casey-girl chickee-boo! - Mommy's greeting to Casey. Personally, it's a bit much for me, but Casey falls for it every time.
13. How's my cutiepie Marie??? - Last but not least, my own little greeting from Mommy. I love it! It makes me all happy and sweet on her!
So mommy loves to kitty-talk with us! What does your mommy say when she kitty-talks with you??
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
My pet human uses those too. She also says: "what! another dead bird!?"
Skittles, The Huntress
This is sweet list.. I cant tell you what i call our kitten because Pixel is always being rotten!!!
Aaaw, dem is sweet talk. Mom talks sweet talk to us unless we'z nawty, um, not that we effur do anything bad. Sometimes we aksidently do sum things and den she calls us little sh*ts...but she always 'pologizes.
Aww, those are very sweet. My mom says "what a cutie" when I'm looking adorable, and "what's wrong Dragonheart" when I meow and meow and meow without letting up.
Sounds like you have your mom wrapped around your fingers! Mom uses some of those same phrases!
Tara
I need to print this out and give it to MomBean to study. I was singing away last night (at around 10pm) and all I got was: 'Go meow me a river, emo cat.'
Really now.
Oh Sweety I've tagged you! Now use your pretty head and come up with some kitty sayings... :)
You are one pretty kitteh and a cutei pie for sure! I hope you follow politics because that's what our blog is about.
oh I sympathise. My human tries the baby talk on me but I just claw her until she refers to me as 'master', 'royal prince' or 'your royal highness'. Still, I think your human sounds endearing!! xx
Your Mommie has some really nice kitty talk. My Mommie just says stuff like:
Daisy, get down from there!
Daisy, NO NO!
Leave Pixie alone!
Oh yeah, sometimes she says "Daisy, I love you!"
Those are cute kitty talk phrases. Your Mom sounds very nice. Our mom uses ones like, What's amatter with Tiggy Wiggy, when he gives her that soulful eye look. I get Sammy Whammy, what you need baby girl! Mom's are fun.
Your FL furiends,
HELLO MY SISTER MARIE! I, LUCY-FURR, HAVE TAGGED YOU FOR THE PROVERB MEME. COME BY TO SEE.
ben: marie, will you help her learn that she doesn't have to yell? she wants to use ALL CAPS all the time! sheesh!
That is great kitty talk. My Lady uses some of them too.
Hahah all so sweet. Our Human just calls us "Get Off The Darn Counter You Brats" or "Oh Crap More Glass Shards From The Brats" but we would LOVE to have our Mama be nice. Hmmm, maybe we should place ourselves up for adoption! Hehe that would show her.
Purrs and Loves
Post a Comment